We Make Creditors Pay You!
Read our Collection Abuses page here.
We Protect You From Debt Collection Abuse!
If you are receiving or have received creditor communications before, during, or after your bankruptcy. You may be entitled to statutory damages, actual damages and punitive damages. You should know your rights. As a consumer, even if you should find yourself in financial distress. This does not mean creditors are permitted to abuse and harass you into paying a debt.
It is ILLEGAL for creditors to:
(1) Communicate with you once advised that you are represented by the San Diego Bankruptcy Attorney at Doan Law Firm
(2) Place multiple calls or other communications within a single day or time period
(3) Calls in the early morning (before 8:00 am) and late at night (after 9:00 pm)
(4) Contact family members, friends, neighbors, unless limited purpose verifying location information (your address)
(5) Or Contact your employer, unless limited to verifying location information
(6) Place harassing calls or communications
(7) Misrepresent the nature of the status of an account or collect more than you owe or fees that are not allowed
(8) Threats of violence, lawsuit, wage garnishment, negative credit reporting or arrest
(9) Use obscene language
(10) Communicate with you on your cell phone using automated dialers once you have revoked any prior consent
If you receive any creditor calls, after you have mailed your cease and desist letters, answer the phone and give them verbal notice. This is why it is important for you to mail out the Cease and Desist letters. It puts all creditors on notice you are represented by Doan Law Firm and to stop placing any communications whether written or verbal and regardless if from a live person or Robo call. This is the reason you hired Doan Law Firm, we timely provide verification of representation to all creditors and again advise them to stop calling you directly. The creditors call us, not you.
Doan Law Firm is one of the only bankruptcy law firms in San Diego County that will protect you from harassing creditor communications before you have even filed your bankruptcy and will also aggressively seek a monetary recovery on your behalf as against rogue creditors who disregard the cease and desist notice. In some cases, the monetary recovery our clients receive far exceeds what was even paid to file for bankruptcy. Doan Law Firm is here to protect you and put an end to these illegal communications.
Contact our Doan Law Firm if you receive any creditor communications. We are here to make the difference and stop creditor abuse!
Written by Michael G. Doan–
Owner of the Oceanside Bankruptcy Attorney office, Michael not only manages his business, but is also a highly skilled San Diego Bankruptcy Attorney with over 20 years of experience. He specializes in many fields, such as: insolvency, bankruptcy, consumer rights, debt negotiation, creditor collection abuse, estate planning, contracts, real estate, and tax. Michael is currently concentrating his practice solely in Bankruptcy Law and is a Board Certified Specialist in Consumer Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification, one of only fourteen such attorneys in all of California. Mr. Doan also practices on the cutting edge of bankruptcy law, and was the first attorney in the entire Southern District of California to file the very first Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and very first Chapter 13 Bankruptcy under the new Bankruptcy Laws which went into effect on October 17, 2005.
The San Diego Bankruptcy Attorneys if Doan Law Firm
The San Diego Bankruptcy Attorneys of the Doan Law Firm, California’s Largest Family of Attorneys, Specializing in Bankruptcy, and Non-Bankruptcy Alternatives.
At Doan Law our Bankruptcy Attorneys will answer all your Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy questions. Call us now to meet with one of our expert bankruptcy attorneys, at any of our San Diego Bankruptcy offices, call (760) 450-3333.
For more information from an experienced San Diego Bankruptcy Attorney from Doan Law Firm, please CLICK HERE. Hablamos Espanol.